Fatty liver or hepatomegaly is one of the leading diseases that the people are facing today. In this disease, as the name suggests, the liver gets bloated and is circumcised by fat layers. Therefore, its size increases, causing a lot of problems for your health. The liver functions less than what it should. Following a healthy diet and an improved lifestyle can cure fatty liver disease. So, here are some tips that you can try at home and get benefitted from that. Here the fatty liver keto diet will be discussed.
Keto diet helps reverse the fatty liver
Keto diet is the ultimate solution and treatment for fatty liver. Here are some ways that will help you understand how it works:
1. Curbing the carbohydrates
Keto diet allows low carbohydrate intake. This keeps you full and helps to reduce your appetite. This stops your hunger pangs. This is the time when the fats are broken down into lipids and treated as food for the body.
2. Fiber-rich food
Eat food that has rich fiber in it. This is good for gut health and prevents you from gaining harmful lipopolysaccharides. This improves the health of the entire cells all year round. High-fiber keto diet salads are as follows:
- Warm Asian Broccoli Salad
- Keto Mixed Green Spring Salad
- Thai BBQ Pork Salad
Low carb vegetable side dishes are as follows:
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
- Au Gratin Brussels sprouts
- Lemon Roasted Spicy Broccoli
3. Eat liver healing foods
You should eat food that can heal your liver and does not add to the existing fat. Foods like oily fish, filter coffee without sugar, nuts, avocado, olive oil are liver healing foods. The healing properties should be maintained.
4. Use of liver healing supplements
There are innumerable food and health supplements in the market. But all the supplements are not sufficient so, here you get to know some effective supplements:
- Spirulina: It is a natural algae powder that is high in protein and also rich in antioxidants, vitamin B, and some other way. A small dose of Spirulina helps you to reverse fatty liver.
- Betaine: It is a natural compound found in beetroot and spinach, which is good for eyesight and other standard functions of the brain. It also helps to reduce fat deposition around the liver.
- Milk thistles: Milk thistle contains silybin, which is also useful for reducing fats around the liver.
- Probiotic: Probiotic proves to be a factor that can reduce the fat layer around the liver. But all the probiotics do not work likewise. Bifidobacterium longum is the most effective probiotic, and it reduces liver fat, inflammation endotoxin. Lactobacillus GG, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, and Streptococcus thermophilus helped reduce liver fat.
5. Limited consumption of alcohol
Alcohol should be avoided and taken only occasionally. Regular consumption should be prohibited as that can aggravate the situation even more.
Diet chart for the fatty liver keto diet
Early morning, get started with a glass of lukewarm water, and some almonds soaked overnight. Then comes the breakfast where you can have any heavy cereal like oats, Dalia, upma, and many more. Along with that, you can add egg whites and fruits.
The midday meal is essential. This is the time when you crave to eat fried, oily and unhealthy food. This meal should have fruits or dry fruits.
Next is the lunch, where you avoid the staple carbohydrate and focus on the side dishes of the menu like pulses, vegetables of the season, and yogurt.
In the evening you can have tea with biscuits or bread sandwiches or other light items. This is followed by dinner or night dines. You can have soup and toast or only soup and vegetables which should be boiled.
The bottom line
This information will clear your doubts about how fatty liver diet treatment can be done. But before you proceed with the process, you must give it a thought and consult a doctor. Remember, an expert will provide you with the best solution for your specific problem. Once you are through with the basics of diet and have also received information from the doctor, it would be easier for you to deal with fatty liver issues!